I’ve been cooking and baking a lot lately, but I haven’t been posting about them because 1) I’m still a beginner cook/baker and all my stuff turns out ugly. Delicious, but ugly, and 2) the finished product is usually in my tummy before taking a picture even crosses my mind.
Some things I’ve made over the last few months:
- Carrot cake
- Roasted cauliflower with herb-infused olive oil
- Lemon bars
- Strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting
- Prosciutto and Havarti paninis (would have had olive tapenade if I hadn’t forgotten it at Alex’s)
On my to-do list:
- Oatmeal raisin cookies
- This tomato sauce It looks so simple. I love making homemade pasta sauce, but mine’s usually pretty elaborate; I’m nervous about how flavorful this one will be.
- Crêpes and galettes
A few things on my culinary wish list:
- White Truffle Oil
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Fleur de sel
- Buckwheat flour (for the galettes)
A set of ramekins A liquid measuring cup. Serious, I don’t have on of these. I just measure everything with dry measuring cups and hope for the best.